About Me

My photo
My husband Brian, and I are Brigham Young University graduates with our first child on the way! June of 2013 we are moving to Columbus, Ohio for Brian to start a full time job! Hopefully I can keep up with this so you can know the latest and greatest happenings of our lives!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Post two, Part A. The Start of Spring Term

So, Brian and I have been out on an adventure for the past week, and before that preparing for said adventure, which is why I failed to maintain this whole blog addiction thing, so lets try and get myself hooked one more time.

First off. I am currently sitting in a class. I fear to say which class as if my professor stumbled across this I would feel bad, but I will say I don't think I have every been in a class and on literally the very first day been so ridiculously lost. Class has been going for one half hour and I already have no idea what is going on. This class is a general, as in for the general population who do not know everything about this topic! I don't even understand. for example, someone just answered the professor's question with "that would be the Fertile Crescent." What the heck. Ok so I know i maybe didn't pay attention as close as i could have in any type of class in high school where I maybe should have learned that kind of information, but this is still too ridiculous. Alas, I will hold on because my husband really needs this class and to take it at this time, and so I should suck it up. 
So on to something more entertaining then this boring lecture which I can't even follow when I am trying to. All though by the way, there is a VHS sitting on the front table, I am really hoping this means we will be watching a movie, I could really use a good nap and this room is pretty much perfect for quality in class sleeping. 
Well this weekend was quite the fun one. My last day at my job was Wednesday. I started it off great with Waffle Wednesday. A fantastic tradition which I may be starting as of next week at my house. (Not this week because we have already decided to sleep in so late that we will both most likely end up being late to class for me and work for Brian.) 

Example of soon to be Miskell Tradition.

By the way, did you know Greenland is apparently living centuries behind the rest of the world. Talk about power of positive thinking! They don't believe in Global warming and so their little country has never melted form the ice age. Even the northern territories (which by the way are more North) are melting. but not good old Greenland. Maybe they just can't handle to lose the irony to their name. I bet that is it. I would hold on to it too. You go Greenland!

I just made an executive decision, I don't know if it really counts as executive since it's just me, BUT nonetheless. I think blogging as I am in this class may be the only way I will get anything out of this class. (That and studying off of Brian's notes....) so every Tuesday and Thursday over the next seven weeks you may just get an interesting blog or two showing up on here. 

So Brian being the positive and optimistic husband he is, during the 5 minute break we just got decided to point out something i had previously written in this blog about positive thinking, expressing that I should maybe try having some positive thinking and maybe i would not hate this class so much after being in it for less than 1 hour. Touche Brian, you may win this Battle, but the war is still being fought. 

dang it he just corrected my spelling. Loss 2 for the past twenty minutes.

OH HAPPY DAY!!! Professor just put in the VHS and lowered the screen. this will be continued later.

2 comments:

  1. How can you not like a history class? Are you not my daughter nor Melayne's sister? Focus girl. There must be some redeeming tidbits. You are much more brilliant than you make yourself out to be. But at least you are blogging even if it is in pirated time. I can't even claim that much.

    ReplyDelete