About Me

My photo
My husband Brian, and I are Brigham Young University graduates with our first child on the way! June of 2013 we are moving to Columbus, Ohio for Brian to start a full time job! Hopefully I can keep up with this so you can know the latest and greatest happenings of our lives!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pregnancy update: week 20!

This is a big week for us! We made it half way through!  This week we had our twenty week ultra sound.  We were able to get to see our little baby again and know everything is going smoothly!!

It's actually been a pretty great week thus far, very little severe nausea, mostly some lingering that isn't too bad to deal with!  We tried going off nausea medication but it didn't go as we'll as we had hoped so the doctor wants us to keep that going for a while longer.  

As far as the weight we aren't really too worried about it anymore.  Doc has high hopes for me to gain the essential weight over the next 8 weeks so as long as I don't have anymore really bad spells. We are out of the woods on that!  

Here is evidence that I am gaining some weight.  I may not look half way through my pregnancy but we are definitely to.  The point that there is. No denying a bump!
Baby is as long as a banana this week which is pretty cool.  And we found out baby Misk is a girl!!  We are very excited!  Right after my appointment we went to the store and got her a little outfit to celebrate!  No names yet but we are working on that. 

Here is a picture of her first outfit!

It's tough this time of year because everything is hot pink and we aren't too big of fans of overwhelming amounts of hot pink, but it may be growing on us.  We really like this outfit though and can't wait to meet her and put her in it. :)

So as you can kinda see in the picture of her outfit, our recliner as become my bad for now.  It's helped to sleep in the recliner to prevent my bloody noses at night so as much as it is kinda stinky to have to sleep in a chair it's better then waking up super sick.  And Brian is enjoying having our bed all too himself as well. :) 

Last but not least,  this girl is sure active!!! We were lucky enough to witness it in the ultra sound, she did a somersault for us.  It's so funny though how frequently she is just moving around like crazy! I'm still getting used to feeling that. It's a very different feeling.  The kicks are few and far between luckily for now but we are sure those will only increase! 

That's it for now, thanks for checking in on us!

1 comment:

  1. The first kick I felt with my first was during my 20 week ultrasound. I had actually felt them before, but didn't know what they were, until I saw her kick and I felt it. Congrats! I am so excited for you and your little family!!!!

    ReplyDelete